Monday, September 21, 2009

DIY

So, this weekend was great! Still no trip to Stone Mountain, but Sunday turned out better without us making that trip!

On Friday Kenny, Tyler, & I went to the Bowdon Golf Course's driving range. I had always said that I wasn't the best golfer, I guess because I had never really tried. Soon, my story about my sister playing in golf tournaments around TN and that my Dad played golf alot went from my believing I didn't inherit that gene, to maybe I did. Now, I'm not saying I'm Tiger Woods or that I'll get a hole in one every time. But, I did surprise myself and Kenny with how I hit with his Big Bertha. And, Saturday we spent an evening in Douglasville for dinner.

Sunday, we got an itch for doing a home project. I'd been dying to get this particular comforter set since I saw it on Belk's website. Well, on Saturday it was on sale and I had an in-store coupon. I bought it, but it didn't match the color of our room. So, Sunday we went and bought paint and changed our drab blue & brown room into a warm and cozy one. There's still things to fix and decorations to add, but I think it's coming along beautifully!



Before with our blue walls and blue & brown comforter



After with our new comforter and warm "Earthy Ochre" walls!

1 comment: