Friday, September 11, 2009

To Be or Not To Be

Seems like I've always got ideas running through my head of what I want to be "when I grow up." I always enjoyed art throughout my high school years, not that I don't enjoy it anymore. So, that's what I decided I wanted to be was a graphic designer. Soon after I began working toward that degree I realized having to do it for work was taking the fun out of it. I perused in human development and family studies for a semester, then realized if I was going to have kids of my own one day I wasn't so sure that spending my days with kids was the best idea. So, I ended up in hotel and restaurant management. Although by the end I was realizing while I enjoyed my classes I didn't want to spend my weekends and holidays away from a family I hope to have eventually. Why do I mention all this you ask? Is because after "soul searching" in college I still don't know where my soul lies. So, I give you a list of careers that still interest me:

1) Interior Decorating
2) Architecture
3) Elementary/Middle School Teacher
4) College Career Counselor
5) Wedding consultant
6) Graphic Design
7) College Professor
8) Non-Profit Organization Event Planning
9) Event Planning
10) Travel Journalism
11) Nurse
...and the list goes on

So, what will I be when I "grow up"? Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment