Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Price of Vacation

I had a great trip to Carrollton and Chattanooga over the past 4 days. It's nice to be in the comfort of home, though.

I arrived in Carrollton Wednesday evening just in time for dinner. My Carrollton Momma, Audrey, & I went out to eat and watched American Idol. We enjoyed a good dinner with more Idol on Thursday night, too.

Thursday I was able to visit with every person I've been missing from UWG. I spent almost 7 hours visiting and catching up with old friends and it was so wonderful! In a way it was like going home because Carrollton was my first job and has a sentimental place and always will. I miss everyone there, but have been lucky enough to find a fun group of girls at SCAD, too!

Can't wait for these wonderful ladies from the Grad School to plan a trip to Savannah for a girls weekend!


In Chattanooga, I was able to have lunch with my sister & niece, which was nice to catch up after my neice's wedding in October! I also got to have a long overdue reunion with a good friend from high school, Emily (Edmonson) Swanson. Mom & I had lunch with her & her mom. I can honestly say I haven't laughed that hard in years. It was so great to catch up and visit with them over lunch for a couple of hours!!

But, being gone for 4 days has its consequences, especially when it overflows into a weekend. Weekends are my time to pick up, organize, clean, and do laundry. I almost feel overwhelmed coming home because I need to dust, sweep/vaccuum, organize things, and do countless loads of laundry. Not to mention my school starts tomorrow with 2-4 assignments due each week, the first being day after tomorrow.

Oh well, it's worth it because it's rare I get to have a trip on my own and visit with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment